It’s that time of year again! Time for YARN’s 3rd Annual Fall Treats Poem Drive & Contest!
We love this opportunity to collect poems that celebrate all the yummy things we enjoy in the fall–in fact, Kerri is dreaming of a pumpkin spice latte as she types this! The first year we held the drive, it was all on Facebook, and two years ago, the drive became a Contest, and last year, we expanded to include treats other than just candy and cookies, because we were inspired by a trio of apple-themed poems that just happened to be submitted by three different poets, Tina Zhu, Matt Forrest Esenwine, and Danny Barbare (all of whom we published at other times as well!).
Last year’s Drive and Contest went so well, we’re not planning to change a thing. Here’s what you need to do to participate:
- Remember that a “fall treat” is any edible and particularly delicious item you enjoy between September and November (apples, pumpkin pancakes, gummy worms, and so on).
- Keep in mind that you can win a $25 Gift Certificate to the Local, Preferably Independent Bookstore of Your Choice. Maybe you’ll select something from our BFSRE?
- Starting Monday, October 14
- post a 3-line poem about your favorite fall treat to the Comments section of this very page, and make sure we can see an email address as part of your post.
- Continue posting poems as long as you like through the fall, but if you want to enter the Contest portion of the Drive, you must submit by Sunday, October 27 @ 5pm.
- Tweeting, Facebooking, and Tumbling about the contest is strong encouraged! Be sure to tag us! If your poem is short enough, feel free to post it to those networks as well, but remember it MUST be posted to the Comments below in order to be entered in the contest.
- Winner of the Contest will be announced on Halloween!
Have fun! Can’t wait to eat–ahem, read–your poems!